|Posted by Russell on February 13, 2012 at 8:40 PM||comments (0)|
1... Carbon Tax – “There will be no carbon tax under the Government I lead.”
2... National(ised) Broadband Network – $50 billion but no cost-benefit analysis
3... Building the Education Revolution – The school halls fiasco - are any children better educated?
4... Home Insulation Plan (Pink Batts) – Dumped after deaths and injuries
5.. Citizens Assembly – Dumped
6... Cash for Clunkers – Dumped
7... Hospital Reform – Nothing
8... Digital set-top boxes – Cheaper at Harvey Norman and now going obsolete
9... Emissions Trading Scheme – Abandoned
10. Mining Tax – Continuing uncertainty for our miners
11. Livestock export ban to Indonesia – A massive over-reaction that decimated the cattle industry and transport industry in Northern Australia
12. Detention Centres – Riots & massive cost blow-outs
13. East Timor ‘solution’ – Announced before agreed
14. Malaysia ‘solution’ – Scrapped because Malaysia not a signatory to UN Human Rights Charter
15. Manus Island ‘solution’ – On the backburner
16.. Computers in Schools – $1.4 billion blow out; less than half delivered
17. Cutting Red Tape – 12,835 new regulations, only 58 repealed
18. Asia Pacific Community – Another expensive Rudd frolic. Going nowhere
19. Green Loans Program – Abandoned. Only 3.5% of promised loans delivered
20. Solar Homes & Communities plan – Shut down after $534 million blow out
21. Green Car Innovation Fund – Abandoned
22. Solar Credits Scheme – Scaled back
23. Green Start Program – Scrapped
24. Retooling for Climate Change Program – Abolished
25. Childcare Centres – Abandoned. 260 promised, only 38 delivered
26. Take a “meat axe”’ to the Public Service – 24,000 more public servants added
27. Murray Darling Basin Plan – back to the drawing board
28. 2020 Summit – Meaningless talkfest
29. Tax Summit – Deferred and downgraded
30. Population Policy – Sets no targets
31. Fuel Watch – Abandoned
32. Grocery Watch – Abandoned
33. $900 Stimulus cheques – Sent to dead people and overseas residents. The majority spent on flat screen TV's and fast food. The resulting huge deficit is alleged to have saved us from the GFC. Now claim their response to GFC Mark 2 will be to get the budget back into surplus!
34. Foreign Policy – In turmoil with Kevin (747) Rudd running riot flying around the world spending more than the US Secretary of State
35. National Schools Solar Program – Closing two years early
36. Solar Hot Water Rebate – Abandoned
37. Oceanic Viking – Caved in
38. GP Super Clinics – 64 promised, only 11 operational
39. Defence Family Healthcare Clinics – 12 promised, none delivered
40. Trade Training Centres – 2650 promised, 70 operational
41. Bid for UN Security Council seat – An expensive Rudd frolic
42.. My School Website – Revamped but problems continue
43. National Curriculum – States in uproar
44. Small Business Superannuation Clearing House – 99% of small businesses reject it
45. Indigenous Housing Program – way behind schedule
46. Rudd Bank – Went nowhere
47. Using cheap Chinese fabrics for Defence uniforms – Ditched
48. Innovation Ambassadors Program – junked
49. Six Submarines – none operational
50. Debt limit to be increased to $250 billion and rising – to pay for all of this and much more
This was copied from an email, author unknown. To add the Queensland Labor mistakes and waste of money would at least double this list.
Queensland is now $85 billion in debt. For those of you who remember when Howard was voted in the Australian debt was $95 Billion, it took the Liberal Federal Government 10 years to pay the money back. How long is it going to take for Queensland (You and me) to pay this money back.
If you think deficit spending is the way for Governments to go, just check out the financial situation of the governments in Europe.
Don't be fooled this is going to cost us, our children and our grand children.
A vote for Russell McVey or any other person who decides to stand for Direct Democracy where Queenslanders and Australians will have the power of veto over Government decisions. Always trust yourself to make the right decision.
|Posted by Russell on February 7, 2012 at 9:20 PM||comments (0)|
I, Russell McVey am going to nominate for the coming state election for the seat of Lytton.
Lytton has been held for decades by the Labor party. Paul Lucas Labor is retiring so Labour have pre selected Daniel Cheverton a 28 year old. His slogan for the coming election 'A new Start'. We must assume here that he wants everybody to forget the blunders and total waste of public funds that Paul Lucas presided over, lets forget all the calamities the current Labor party government that have cost us and will continue to cost us well into the future.
Even with Paul Lucas as Health minister for all that time, and Lytton being such a Labor safe seat, we now know the Wynnum hospital received ZERO FUNDING $0 (Wynnum Herald Feb 1st)
The LNP have pre selected a clean slate 23 year old Neil Symes. Even I thought I knew everything when I was 23, but I now know I really knew very little back then.
Both of these preselected good boys will be totally 'YES' men if elected. That is how politicial parties select people these days, they do not want upstarts stuffing up the party line. For if they do, they will never get a serious position in the government. What sort of representation do you want, be assured if eitther of these boys are elected, they will be doing very little for Lytton. The political parties will tell them what is happening.
I have been in small business for over 35 years. I have run a number of my own businesses, worked for multi nationals and small companies. I have done community service for small and large operations. I am married with 5 children. I have continued my self education and attend several seminars monthly, I read books on business, human activity and achievements. For the past 7 years I have operated as a Certified practicing Business Broker. Lat year I qualified as a BIBB Registered Business Valuer. We keep learning.
If elected I will continue to push for Direct Democracy and will set up a facility for the electorate of Lytton to direct me in my decisions in Parliament.
|Posted by Russell on December 7, 2011 at 3:50 PM||comments (0)|
The Australian Constitution was established in 1901, a time when there were 6 semi autonomous British colonies operating in Australia.
The pressing issue was to repel an expected invasion by Russia. Communication was by sailing ship and horse and buggy.
Times have changed, so should the Australian Constitution.
Change to the Australian Constitution currently, can only be initiated by politicians, NOT THE PEOPLE OF AUSTRALIA.
With Political Parties hijacking Australian Governments, there is no hope of real improvement to our way of life if we continue to elect Political Parties to office that have NO INTENT OF GIVING POWER TO THE PEOPLE we will continue to be puppets in their hands.
Join the Middle Australian Party where the power is with the people.
Check out the links page for more information from a range of people on Direct Democracy and constitutional chnage
|Posted by Russell on December 1, 2011 at 7:25 PM||comments (0)|
You would have to say that the current political parties are seriously into themselves. NLP are desperate to get into power and Labor are desperate to hold on to power with the greens looking to get the balance of power. What ever happens it will be the same ol same ol. The problem with putting any current political power into the seat to run Queensland you get the whole bag of political party policy, whether good or bad.
Joining the Middle Australian Party will give you the power to decide how your MAP elected representative will vote on individual policy.
Because Queensland does not have an upper house in Parliament, it means that the the majority party in the lower house makes the rules. With the majority of seats in the SE corner of Queensland guess where the preference in spending is.
Party Political Policies mostly deal with popular items, those that will get the political party headlines and they will be seem to be doing something. Many issues that many middle Australians (Queenslanders) are not dealt with, because there is no party political milage in them. So we suffer on.
Join the Middle Australian Party so that we can become a registered political party. With MAP you have the power.
Trust yourself to make the right decision.
|Posted by Russell on November 30, 2011 at 7:15 PM||comments (1)|
Join / Like the Middle Australian Party Facebook page. There will be posts from a Direct Democracy organisation and other issues.
MAP is driven by members, management of the party will be flat, the only management level will be according to the requirements of the Australian Electoral Commission or legal requirements.
Membership Fees, until our first vote, you can decide on the level of membership you want to pay. We require 550 members to become a registered political party in Australia.
Please take action and become a member today and pass the website on to your friends and associates. Thank you
Cheers. Russell McVey